Dumpster Days are scheduled for our community on Friday and Saturday, October 23 & 24.
Please read all of the following information carefully, as some program information has been updated and/or changed. Please note, the dumpsters will be delivered by 12:00 noon (possibly earlier) on Friday, October 23 and removed by 12:00 noon on Saturday, October 24.
****PLEASE MAKE SURE THE DUMPSTERS ARE IN PLACE BEFORE HAULING ANY ITEMS TO THE DUMPSTER AREA.****
The dumpsters will be located adjacent to the community pool. If we have a large amount of rain, dumpsters could be relocated to the beach parking lot.
- PLEASE NOTE A “METAL ONLY” CONTAINER WILL BE AVAILABLE
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING UNACCEPTABLE ITEMS TO THE DUMPSTERS
- The following items are prohibited: Junk automobiles, trailers, gas & propane tanks, tree trunks/logs, oil drums or tanks, liquids, hazardous waste, boats, tires, batteries, paint, refrigerators/air conditioners/freon items, cardboard, paper, plastic or glass.
- FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THE COUNTY RULES & GUIDELINES COULD RESULT IN DISCONTINUATION OF THIS SERVICE
- WE WILL NOT HAVE A SEPARATE DUMPSTER FOR RECYCLABLES SUCH AS CARDBOARD, PAPER, PLASTIC OR GLASS. PLEASE PUT THESE ITEMS AT YOUR CURB FOR WEEKLY RECYCLE PICK UP.
Please be courteous and follow all directions to maintain a smooth flow of traffic. We will be using a clockwise traffic pattern, the same as in previous years (see map below). To avoid excessive damage to the grounds, do not enter or exit the dumpster area from Harbor Drive.
Please follow these guidelines:
- 1. Do not bring children.
- 2. Watch for, and do not interfere with, County trucks and bulldozers in the area.
- 3. Do not leave materials outside the dumpsters or allow them to protrude above the top of the container.
- 4. Do not put too much heavy material in one container. Fill the containers completely from the rear to the front.
- 5. Tie or bundle light material so it won’t blow around. Disassemble large items such as swing sets and other similar items. Cut tree trimmings into 3-4 foot lengths.
- 6. Do not put material into the containers after dark.
- 7. Do not block flow of local traffic on Great Lake Drive.