History

Hillsmere Shores has a Community Improvement Association that was formed on August 17, 1956 and is incorporated according to the laws of the State of Maryland. On July 9, 1965, the developer, Hillsmere Estates, Inc., deeded the community properties to Hillsmere Shores Improvement Association, Incorporated. Documentation of the deed transfer and the conditions of the transfer were recorded in Anne Arundel County Book 1915, pages 286 to 293.

 

Recommended Reading:

Historic American Building Survey – Hilsmere Farm Manor House

Annapolis: City on the Severn by Jane Wilson McWilliams

History of Quiet Waters Park


HSIA Past Presidents

  • 2018-present Michael Waters
  • 2015-2018 Mike Penn
  • 2013-2014 Christian Elkington, Sr.
  • 2004-2012 Bill Shuman
  • 1999-2003 Bob Emmet
  • 1998 Dave Johnson
  • 1997 Andy Van Sant
  • 1995-1996 Eric Feldman
  • 1991-1994 Wes Strotman
  • 1989-1990 Gus Weiland
  • 1987-1988 Phil Jones
  • 1983-1986 Mike Ragland
  • 1981-1982 Dick Barr
  • 1980 Mark Hoffman
  • 1979 Robert Raven
  • 1978 Steve Bickell
  • 1976 Bill Anderson