The HSIA board is reaching out to see if any Hillsmere Shores residents may need assistance during these challenging times due to COVID-19. Each day continues to bring new challenges for the foreseeable future. If you or a neighbor that you know of needs some type of assistance, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org The elderly may need some help getting normal staples from the grocery store, or just some household items. School closures are creating daily challenges. Others are clearly impacted due to a cutback in work hours or lower income as a result of closures.
As we continue to move forward, please check on your neighbors, a simple phone call or email can go a long way to see how they are doing and what assistance they may need. If you are interested in providing some type of assistance for the community, please email us at email@example.com and we will add you to a master help list.
We have provided some key resource links below. This is just a sample of what resources are available to the community.
• School meals program: Each child will be provided with a single meal free of charge each day. Children must be between the ages of 2 and 18, but do not have to be eligible for free and reduced-price meals. Get the latest information here: http://aacpsschools.org/pressr/?p=5653
• List of local food pantries: Local Food Pantries
• The County Libraries have many eBooks, eAudiobooks, and ,eMagazines check out what they have at https://www.aacpl.net/
• Anne Arundel County Parks and Recreation have waived entry fees – good way to get out, but keep social distancing in mind.
• Status on restaurants and stores in Annapolis, check out Eye on Annapolis at the below link. Businesses are showing updated hours and what services they are currently offering https://www.eyeonannapolis.net/2020/03/covid-19-local-information-and-resources/
• The Centers for Disease Control has a detailed page related to this outbreak and how you can prepare. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/get-your-household-ready-for-COVID-19.html
• The Maryland state website is updated daily with key developments or changes that are announced. https://governor.maryland.gov/coronavirus/
• Additionally, the Maryland Department of Health is a good resource for additional questions. https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/