A treasured spot for many of our residents – Hillsmere Beach. Our gorgeous spot on the South River has something for all of our residents to enjoy!
Sandy beach front
Foot path for walking/biking/running
Two pavilions with picnic tables
Swimming area with nettle protection
Multiple playgrounds for our younger residents
Outdoor shower/rinse station
Large, open, grassy field (perfect for flying kites!)
Little Free Library
HSIA BEACH RULES
Approved by the HSIA Board of Directors on August 27, 2015
These rules apply to the Hillsmere Shores Community Beach, which includes the beach and bathing area, pavilions, playgrounds, lawns and parking lot. Unauthorized use or activities are to be reported to the Anne Arundel County Police by calling 911.
Any Resident/Owner who does not comply with these rules can result in the immediate termination of guest privileges, and may be considered “Not in Good Standing.” Use of beach facilities may be revoked for up to one year.
- The community beach is open to all residents and property owners of Hillsmere Shores between 8:00 am and sunset. All cars must display a Hillsmere sticker. If no sticker has been obtained, proof of residence/ownership is required for access. Contact the HSIA Administrator or click HERE for details on how to obtain an HSIA vehicle sticker. Vehicles without stickers are subject to towing at the owner’s risk and expense.
- Use of the Hillsmere Shores Community Beach and all related facilities is at your own risk. No lifeguard is present and swimmers are to take caution at all times. HSIA, its Officers and Members will not be held responsible for any accidents or injury.
- Residents/Owners are permitted to bring up to eight (8) guests, and must accompany guest(s) at all times. It is the responsibility of Residents/Owners to ensure guests know and abide by our beach rules. The HSIA Administrator is authorized to grant additional guest privileges; requests may be made by contacting the Administrator at 410-263-4456 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alcoholic beverages and their consumption are banned from the community beach, except with the prior approval of the HSIA Board of Directors or its representative, and an Anne Arundel County one-day liquor license must be obtained. Application forms for a liquor license must be obtained from HSIA and submitted to the County no more than 30 days and no less than 7 days prior to the event.
- No glass allowed.
- No dogs allowed.
- Parents are responsible for their children’s behavior.
- No amplified music allowed. Residents and guests must respect the rights of other people using the beach and not engage in behavior that is offensive, including excessive noise, abusive or threatening behavior, and obscene language, gestures, or actions. Disorderly or illegal conduct is prohibited.
- Motorized watercraft may not be launched, retrieved, or beached on or from the beach. Guests are not permitted to bring any type of watercraft to the community beach unless expressly approved by the HSIA Board of Directors.
- The community beach closes at sunset and can be closed anytime by any officer of HSIA or any person designated by the HSIA president. Use of the beach outside of designated hours must have prior approval of the HSIA Board of Directors.
- Interfering with the nettle nets or cable is strictly prohibited. Only persons authorized by HSIA may lower or raise nettle nets. Do not hang on nettle nets or cable.
**** End of Beach Rules ****